Careers at HIPPO
The chances are when you join us, you’ll have more than a job in mind. You’ll be thinking about how joining HIPPO will contribute to your longer term aims – and so will we.
We work to provide opportunities for development through both training and through career development. Our training is themed around individuals’ career objectives, departmental requirements, and wider business needs or changes, making sure we’re all ready for our next challenge.
We are particularly proud of our team’s career progression – we’re not a huge organisation, but through creative thinking, an eye for talent, and the flexibility that comes with the Company’s growth and development, we have been able to spot opportunities for people to move to roles which are more senior, more challenging, or represent a change of career. This is great for us, as we retain our committed and talented people – and it allows people with talent and ambition to pursue their career aspirations. 9% of our team were promoted into their current roles, and 12% have moved to a different role during their time with HIPPO.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in a career at HIPPO, please email your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com or post it to: HR Department, HIPPO, 1000 Lakeside, North Harbour, Portsmouth PO6 3EN.
We are currently looking for a reliable, conscientious and motivated Collection Representative to cover the Midlands and North of England.
This is a unique opportunity for the right individual. The role will require you to work away from home, staying in the vehicle (nights out) for up to 4 nights a week to cover the Midlands and the North.
In this customer-facing role, you will need to be professional and helpful, flexible hours are a must as you will be working 5 days a week, generally Monday to Friday, to an average of 48 hours, you will also need to be available to work Saturdays as required. The position includes physical duties such as manual handling and the use of vehicle ladders. You must possess an HGV Class C licence, have a valid DQC card, and preferably have a Lorry Loading certificate, although not essential as training can be provided to the successful candidate. In return you’ll be part of a Company that is committed to its quality of service, its staff, there training and customer satisfaction, in the provision of a service with a leading brand name.
We offer a competitive salary and a driver productivity bonus scheme to increase your earning potential. Due to the nature of the role you will also get a company van.
We are moving into HIPPO’s busiest season and we are in need of an enthusiastic individual to join our Customer Service Team on a 6 month contact . You will provide an excellent service to all customers as the first point of contact with customers contacting the Company to arrange the collection of their HIPPOBAG.
Responsibilities will include:
- Handle customer enquiries.
- Resolve problems by clarifying issues and providing solutions.
- Escalating unresolved problems when appropriate.
- Provide general administrative support.
Applicants will have customer services experience within an inbound call centre environment. In return, we offer training and development and a generous salary package.
The customer service lines are open 8am - 6pm and you will work a 7.5hr shift.
HIPPO™ is a revolutionary National Waste Management Company, providing innovative and integrated waste and recycling solutions.
The Data Analyst will be responsible for the collation and analysis of all consumer sales data for HIPPO™. Reporting to the Head of Consumer Sales, the Data Analyst will work with both internal and external customers to support the delivery of high quality, compelling commentary on HIPPO’s consumer sales performance.
The Data Analyst will also work closely with the Head of Consumer Sales in identifying trends in HIPPO’s key markets and, providing the Executive team with detailed insight to support the future growth plans of the HIPPO™ business.
Our ideal candidate will be moving from an analyst role who has the commercial awareness and tenacity to be proactive and deliver results to the business. In return, you will be provided with a competitive benefits package and be part of a Company that is not only growing fast, but who are environmentally focused.
Competitive salary plus productivity bonus
Full Time Permanent
HIPPOWASTE™ is the company behind the yellow HIPPOBAGTM which delivers flexible and convenient waste management solutions to householders, business and trade users nationwide. HIPPOWASTE™ is committed to creating and developing ways for its customers to dispose of their waste or unwanted materials in an ethical, efficient and cost-effective manner.
We are currently looking for a reliable, conscientious and motivated Van Driver for manual waste removal from residential and business properties to designated waste transfer stations or recycling centres.
In this customer-facing role, you will need to be professional and helpful. Flexible hours are a must as the role will cover occasional weekends. You must possess a clean driving licence. Previous waste or manual handling experience is desirable
We will provide comprehensive training to carry out the role and in return, you’ll be part of a Company that is environmentally focused and expanding. The successful applicant be required to complete a DBS application.
HIPPOTM is the trading name for Waste Management Systems Ltd, A national provider of integrated waste management solutions. We are the company behind the innovative yellow HIPPOBAG and deliver a flexible and convenient waste collection solution to householders, business and trade users across the UK.
We have an opportunity for an experienced eCommerce Executive, reporting to the Marketing Manager, key responsibilities will include:
- Primary contact for our PPC agency, working with them to drive branded and non-branded traffic to the site and maximise returns
- Develop online affinity partnerships to drive referral traffic to the site
- Continuous review using analytic tools to track conversion/sales activity and customer browsing behaviour
- Working with the Head of Marketing make recommendations for site changes, identify and manage future development
- Establish a robust and continuous testing programme across the site to ensure continuous improvement of key business and customer metrics
- Driving customer insight through the business through, for example, the development of a regular scorecard of marketing performance for leadership team
- Develop appropriate content to meet needs of HIPPO’s customer segments across B2C and B2B markets in line with brand guidelines, whilst optimising for online search
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- 1 to 2 years in digital marketing/ecommerce
- Analytical and confident at dealing with large data sets
- Good working understanding of Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Adwords. Enhanced Ecommerce and Event Tracking.
- Experienced user of Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Understanding of key digital trends
- A team player who can share ideas
- Positive, hardworking, diligent and happy to get stuck in
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including a high level of English grammar
- Passionate about digital marketing and ambitious to develop
- The following experience:
- GA and GTM to measure and report ecommerce performance
- Conducting website audits, testing and identifying constant areas for improvement
- Using CMS (Drupel / Umbraco / custom)
- SEO campaign optimisation across mobile and desktop
- Managing PPC across Google, Bing and social channels inc Facebook
HIPPO are making significant investment in their digital strategy, eCommerce and the integration of these channels alongside more traditional routes to market. Analytics and management of digital performance are central to ongoing success in our business.
As an eCommerce Executive in HIPPO, you will love analysis and Google will be your best friend in getting to the heart of what’s really going on. You will truly get under the skin of our customers’ journeys through the site and continually look to improve performance through a challenging content plan.
This role sits within the Marketing team and will be critical in helping to shape the future design of our website, customer propositions and the performance of our eCommerce channel.
Closing Date: 3 March 2017
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Sales, the Business Solutions Manager will be responsible for increasing sales of the Company’s products into regions and markets as directed, whilst developing and maintaining customer relationships to ensure repeat and continued business. In addition, the Business Solutions Manager will be responsible for managing or assisting with trials and rollouts to new sites, clients or business areas and provide toolbox talks to end users. The Business Solutions Manager will possess a hands on approach, which will enhance and help improve the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the Business Solutions Team.
The successful candidate will have a proven background in generating new business and account management. You will be a driven, dynamic and sales focused individual. The role will involve attending appointments with customer and therefore a full driving licence is essential.